There are a number of previously undocumented tricks and shortcuts in the V-Machine and VFX software. Learning these will make life easier.
VFX Software tricks:
- Double clicking on Volume will place the mixers faders at 0db position.
- Double clicking on PAN will center the control.
- Right hand clicking on a SEND will allow you to select it as PRE or POST fader opperation.
- The mouse wheel works at adjusting values and controls in the VFX mixer like tempo, transpose and volumes ect.
- Right hand clicking on most areas of the VFX window will allow acess to the main menu.
- When you click on the plugin slot that is active (text is blue) the parameter will reset back to PATCH, if your lost in the parameters this will return you to PATCH.
- Closing the GUI of the plugin will stop any automatic parameter selections.
- Right hand clicking on the Preset name will allow you to 'clone' another saved preset. If you want to create a lot of presets all very similar this can speed up preset creation.
- Pressing both PANIC buttons returns you to the PATCH parameter.
- Turning the hardware on with both PANIC buttons held down until the unit fully boots, will invoke the 'panic mode' which will stop the first preset and plugins from loading. Handy when a bad plugin is in the first preset position.
- The hardware can be automated with midi CC, bank, and program change messages. See the FAQ on this site for more in depth information.